HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Alasdair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 15:02:36 +0000
> >This artefact was found on an early ninteenth century site at Norfolk
> >Island, South Pacific.

Speaking of the South Pacific and islands inhabited by Bounty mutineer
descendents...

Channel 4 (UK) showed a documentary this past week on an archaeology
project taking place on Pitcairn island.  I didn't catch the names of
everyone involved, but I believe that one of the archaeologists was Dr.
Martin Gibbs.

Does anyone have any information about this project? Any info on
available publications would be particularly welcome.

Alasdair Brooks

University of York