HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 12:47:41 EST
Thank you Mark, for the comments on the 1998 SHA meetings.  I, for one,
appreciate knowing what people think about what has been done.  Some of the
problems which occurred were unavoidable under the circumstances.  Also,
members may have to be willing to pay a little more if they want some of the
amenities mentioned (such as being in nice downtown hotel locations and having
all day coffee).  Not that such things are unreasonable.  The cost of getting
to and spending time at the conference is costly enough for all.  It may just
cost a little more to make the stay more meaningful and comfortable.  I am
taking some ques from the SAA conference to help us.  Note that they have
borrowed from us as well (in roundtable luncheons among other things).

Voices like yours help us to better plan for future conferences (including
Salt Lake City).  Any other commentors out there want to chime in?  I'm not
trying to encourage pot shots at Pat Garrow, only to help the next conference
(ours here in Salt Lake) and those down the road.  Pat and his group did a
great job at this conference.  I only hope we can do as well.

Mike Polk