From:
"Nice, Frank" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 May 1998 11:52:58 -0400
Unfortunately there are pharmacists out there who are ignorant about
breastfeeding and medication applications and use, just as there are nurses,
physician, dentists, and every other field of health care professionals. The
pharmacist is the most seen health care professional by the American public,
though.
There are also knowledgeable pharmacists (there are at least several who
subscribe to Lactnet as far as I know) and pharmacists  who have published
correct information on the subject.  I have also seen bad articles by
pharmacists.  It is up to the consumer/patient to find out who these
knowledgeable pharmacists are.  A good opening question to the pharmacist might
be to ask if the pharmacist has ever breastfed successfully or been a father in
a successful breastfeeding family.  If not, try to find one in the community.

Frank J. Nice, DPA, CPHP
Pharmacist (father of 4 totally breastfed children who got a lot of training and
knowledge on the job)