From:
Rod Rupert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Sep 1998 08:50:13 -0500
This is my first summer as a beekeeper.  I put menthol packs in my hives
several weeks ago.  During recent inspections I have noticed that the bees
have been working diligently to isolate the packs from the rest of the
hive.  They have put huge amounts of propolis between the frames underneath
the packs and have also propolized between the edges of the packs and the
inner cover.  It seems that they will eventually totally isolate the packs
from the hive.  Is this typical?  Is it necessary to go in to each hive
periodically and clean out the propolis so the vapors permeate the hive?

Rod