From:
JOHN TAYLOR <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 May 1998 16:01:50 GMT
On Fri, 22 May 1998 12:21:02 -0400, you wrote:

>One method that works well, and which I generally practice, is to shift the
>first honey-super back a fraction of an inch, to leave a ~1/4" opening
>across the front of the hive.  An opening is thereby provided at the upper
>edge of the brood-chamber

I've read about doing this elsewhere.  Doing so would also result in
another 1/4" opening facing down on the back side of the hive . . . Do
the bees use both?  Is there any problem with the bees ability to
guard these openings or other bees trying to rob, now that there are
three "largish" opening in the hive?

-- John Taylor --
Wild Rose Creek Apiary
Southeast Missouri

When in danger, or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!