From:
Steven Albritton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 10:42:34 -0500
Well I pulled a good one last night.  Since bees is a sideline business for
me, I keep some strange hours.  My son had a baseball game yesterday
evening, so I didn't get to install 4 new packages until about 9:00pm last
night.  My state agent had recommended not buying all my packages from the
same vendor, so I tried a new vendor for these.  Up to this point all queen
cages I've seen had candy in the end.  However these did not have any candy
and I didn't realize this until I pulled the cork.  As I was moving the cage
into position, I didn't think of putting my finger over the hole until the
second package, a bee flew off the cage.  I promptly put the cage in place
not thinking to check to see if the queen was still in the cage.  I'm not
very good at finding queens, lousy in fact, so this may be fun.  Oh well,
live an learn.  Packages 2 thru 4 went off without a hitch.
Steven Albritton
LDS Communications, Sports America, Chauvin Honey Farms
Monroe, Louisiana