From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 May 1998 22:25:44 -0400
Good evening.  A few administrative notes:

1. Please do not send chain mail or mail about e-mail viruses to this list.

2. Please do not refer acquaintances, clients, or  even professional
colleagues  to this list for personal professional lactation assistance, no
matter how desparate they are.

Lactnet is not a place where we, as lactation professionals, will answer
requests for personal lactation help. First of all, we are all already doing
this professionally, and Lactnet is not intended to be a place where mothers
can write in with their personal frustrations and breastfeeding problems.
Although we do sympathize with any mother having difficulties, she should
locate her own local IBCLC and ask for a professional consult.  This is fair
to the mother, who deserves private and professional help,  and also fair to
the IBCLCS on Lactnet, and in towns and countries all over the world who
consult professionally. This is clearly stated in the welcome message. For
anyone who has questions, please email me privately, or do a

Get Lactnet Welcome

It upsets me to see private requests for help, as this means that people
don't KNOW that they can't refer folks here for help, or that they know it
and bypass our rules, and that the folks who subscribe don't bother to read
the detailed welcome note that we spent hours writing. We did it for a
purpose, ....and the purpose is to keep Lactnet for professional connection
*only.*

3. Do not use HTML coding when sending messages to the list.

4. BE CAREFUL and don't quote entire digests in your notes to Lactnet. Dont'
just hit the reply key.

Thanks. Kathleen

Kathleen B. Bruce, BSN, IBCLC co-owner Lactnet,TLC, Indep. Consultant
mailto:[log in to unmask]
LACTNET Archives http://library.ummed.edu/lsv/archives/lactnet.html
 Emily's Mothering Project- http://together.net/~kbruce/proj.html
For LACTNET quilt raffle: http://together.net/~kbruce/kbblact.html