Date:
Fri, 8 May 1998 14:13:32 -0800
On Thu, 07 May 1998 08:09:31 -0400, Bratt wrote:

>Interesting idea, Jennifer but could you draw it out for us?  David,
>paediatrician, Trinidad & Tobago, West Indies

A chart might contain:

Advantages of breastfeeding for mum:  involution of uterus, bonding,
etc.
Disadvantages for mum:  pumping to return to work, no one else can
feed baby (not a disadvantage to me, but for some!) etc.
Advantages for baby:  immunities, ideal food, etc. etc. etc.
Disadvantages for baby:  none.

When parents see that the only "disadvantages" are for their own
convenience, it's pretty hard to justify denying baby all those
advantages.

Jennifer Landels, BA,CE
Vancouver BC