From:
Singdoula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 May 1998 00:43:46 EDT
Hello Lactnetters,
Just a personal note to everyone who so thoughtfully answered my post about
when and how to make the 2yr+ breastfeeding plea.  I have learned SO much from
all your insightful answers.  Wanted to update you on my labor support client
that prompted me to ask this question in the first place, (she is the one who
said "Oh my God 2 yrs!!! How am I going to have a life?")  After reading your
posts, I came right out and told this client that I was irresponsible to have
overwhelmed her with this information. I never meant to "freak her out."  I
aplogized and explained that her committment to want to bf is admirable, and
that a gentler "one day at a time" approach would probably feel a lot easier
to handle.  Together, we attended a LLL meeting.  This afternoon, she
delivered a beautiful 8lb 4oz baby boy (no medical interventions during
labor). Within 8 minutes, he latched on and bf for 30 min each side, while
studying his mom's face. Tears fell down the new mother's face as she
continued nursing. She softly told her husband; ".... I have never felt as
beautiful, as needed and as loved as I do right now...."
happy to be in the baby biz
Adriana Samargia Kaufman, PLA
"the singing doula"