From:
Ruary Rudd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Apr 1998 13:58:26 +0100
> From: Armando G. Cuellar, Jr. <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Capturing Swarms
> Date: Tuesday, April 07, 1998 4:37 PM

> Two days ago, two of my hives swarmed.  I had a hive ready to go, so I
> captured one of the swarms in it and they seem to be doing all right.
> The second swarm collected itself in a ball on the ground in front of
> another one of my hives where it has remained until today. I do not have
> any more hive bodies, so I cannot capture this swarm.  My question is
> this: can I put this swarm in with the one that is already in a hive
> box? .  Please advise, if you have the time.
> Andy Cuellar
> CATAMA Ranch

I have. in the past, been in the same position and have found that if the
two swarms occur within a couple of days of each other. There does not seem
to be anu problem in putting the second swarm into the same box as the
first. The bees seem to sort themselves out without too much difficulty.

If there is a longer delay between mixing the swarms, then fighting may
start and lots of bees could be killed.

Ruary Rudd