HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
John Carman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 11:32:45 +0100
I heartily concur with Alasdair's summary of my own understanding of common
attitudes among US archaeologists.
One of the very encouraging events at the recent World Archaeological
Congress held in Capetown was a workshop on CRM involving archaeologists
from all over the globe where differences in style of CRM were clearly
brought out: here US CRM archaeologists in particular (as well as the rest
of us) were able to exchange ideas and experiences and discover that the
way we do things does not travel elsewhere very easily sometimes.
John Carman
Clare Hall
Cambridge CB3 9AL
UK