HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Michael Strutt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Nov 1998 10:17:49 -0800
Silas Hurry and Kate Dinnel wrote:

> Could some one direct me to how to search the back archives of HistArch?   I
> remember a discussion of nails (article from Tennessee Archaeologist ???)
> which I did not save and now wish I had.
>
> Silas Hurry
> Historic St. Mary's City

  Silas,

There are two references which you may be interested in, both by Amy Young, and
both in 1994. If you cannot get a hold of either contact Barbara at Poplar
Forest, both articles are there. I used them for a chapter in a report on nails
from one of the slave sites we excavated.  I would send them to you but I can't
seem to find my copies.

Amy L. Young "Nailing Down the Pattern" Tennessee Anthropologist 19 (1) 1-21.
    1994

Amy L. Young "Spatial Patterning on a 19th C. Appalachain Houselot: Evidence
from Nail Analysis." Southeastern Archeology 13 (1) Summer 1994.

Good luck

Michael Strutt