HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Linda Derry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Derry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jun 1998 17:54:07 -0500
Dan,  you silly thing.

>Now, I have listened to this "prehistorians can't dig their way out of a
>paper bag" crapola for 20 years here in Virginia. It is a complete red
>herring, and utterly ridiculous.

Please EVERYONE recheck my original post.  I never mentioned the word
"prehistorians."
Dan, Dan, Dan, are you over sensitive or are you just feeling guilty?   Why,
some of my
best friends are prehistorians. . .  .
  Seriously, I am just
genuinely concerned about the two very different understandings about the
nature of what lies
beneath the ground on historic sites.  I completely understand what you are
saying about undifferentiated alluvial deposits but  on complex urban
historic sites, MOST of what we are looking at is due to cultural processes
and not natural ones.   yes?

Linda Derry ([log in to unmask])
Old Cahawba Archaeological Park
Alabama Historical Commission