From:
Eric Micah Hancock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Mar 1998 19:41:00 -0800
Hello Everyone,
    My name is Paula.  I have worked as a RN in a Birthing Center for
almost six years.  I have been a Breastfeeding Educator for 2 1/2 years.  I
do Post Partum Home Health and recently began teaching Childbirth Classes.
Our hospital does approximately 45 delivery per month and both my nurse
manager and I feel it is time for a LC.  HOORAY!!!  I grow weary of
referring my patients to other hospitals/towns for LC help.
    I would appreciate ANY help I could get concerning IBCLC job
descriptions.  Preferably hospital oriented.  I have been asked to write up
a proposal as to why we need one and what benefits she would be to the
Hospital.  I need help with her daily/weekly routine, what type of hours,
beeper necessity and approximate wages.  (If someone is comfortable with
that).   Perhaps there is a book somewhere about this type of stuff?

Thank You All So Much,
Paula Hancock RN