From:
Ted Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 29 Apr 1998 12:46:23 -0400
Guy F. Miller wrote:

> I have a few hives in my back yard, and have been asked by a woman with MS
> if I could supply her with some bees.  I don't know where to start.  Will
> any honey bee do?  I suppose I'll just put them in a small jar.  Do the bees
> need any supplies?  How long will they last in a jar?.  etc, etc.  Any advice?

I have some advice, relevant in these adversarial times:
1) Don't give any opinion as to whether or not bee stings might have any
effect on MS ( or cancer, or arthritis, etc.).  You may be charged with
practicing medicine without a license (unless you are a licensed
practioner, that is.)
2) Remember that some people may have severe allergies to bee stings
(some without even knowing it), and a single sting might kill someone.
Are you prepared for the consequences of this?

I personally will not supply bees for apiotherapy, nor will I give tours
through my yards, even though I have often been asked for both.

Ted Fischer
Dexter, Michigan, USA