From:
Ivan McGill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 1998 20:53:57 -0000
>----------
>> From: Paul Lacelle <[log in to unmask]>
>> To: [log in to unmask]
>> Subject: Re: Creamed Honey
>> Date: Thursday, February 19, 1998 4:48 PM
>>
>> I've had lots of requests for creamed honey last year,can anyone help me
>> out on how to make it?Thanks.
>

>Hi Paul
>        I'm new to the line so I hope this gets through. First I only go
>by what I
>have seen and heard in beekeeping , that's why I signed on to bee-l. I have
>been beekeeping about 7 yrs and now have 65 hives. Thanks to Roy
>Nettlebeck, I have learned alot.
>        My understanding on creamed honey is this; you have to use some
>crystallized honey to agitate the honey when blending in the electric
>blender. I hope it works, I've got to try it myself.
>        If there is another way, than maybe someone will let us know.
>
>Joe McManus [log in to unmask]

Hi Paul:

This works for me.

Warm the honey to make sure that there is no crystalized honey. What I
started out with is 10 lbs. Buy or if you have some fine creamed honey, put
some in your mouth about the same as tasting wine. If you don't feel any
granulars mix 2 lbs. into 10 lbs. of room temperature honey. If the honey
is to warm it will only melt. Mix with spatula of wooden spool or whatever.
When the honey looks thoroughly mixed making sure you got all the way
through to the bottom. Set in a cool place approx. 50 - 55 F. For approx. 2
weeks or longer. Some honey does not crystalized quickly so is best to test
a small batch first.

Hope this is of some help. If any more info contact me direct.

I don't do much because most of my customers like liquid.

Ivan
Prince George, B.C.