From:
"Zablocki Inc." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Feb 1998 15:41:42 -0500
Can't stop thinking about the 36 hr.old dehydrated baby. More info is
always needed. Had he lost a lot of wt.? Was he listless, lethargic, have a
drymouth, poor skin turgor etc? You mentioned he did have soiled and wet
diapers and that he was calm while on the breast and fussy when off. I know
this sounds simplistic but why not put him back on the breast and check for
that good latch. Was he wrapped up in too many blankets? How about
unwrapping and rechecking the temp in half and hour or so? To all the
Kangaroo Care experts out there...If skin to skin can warm up a baby, can
it cool down a baby too. We know it can increase milk supply.(recent BF
Abstracts). Please let us know how this mom and baby made out. TIA.
Janet Zablocki RN,IBCLC
Toronto, Ont. Canada