From:
Numakarah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 20:35:35 EST
Hi all.  This is my first posting to Lactnet, hope I'm doing it right.  Brief
intro, I'm a nursing mom and have been lurking/learning lots.  I volunteer at
our military hosp in the Baby Friendly (Breastfeeding) Clinic & am active with
our local LLL group.
   A very appreciative thank you to all, especially for explaining medical
terminology!

   My question is:  I vaguely remember one of my LLL leaders in NC telling us
*not* to use glass bottles for EBM as there was a reaction and the milk "broke
down".  Do I have it wrong.  Please enlighten.
   (Lactnet dtd Jan. 14, 1998, fm Anne Merewood "...we tip out the glucose
water from sterile...glass bottles and  put the breastmilk in there.")

Lisa Holstein
LLL of Columbus/Ft. Benning, GA
group treasurer/newsletter editor