From:
Michael Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 3 Jan 1998 10:37:44 -0500
Tony - Yeah, I got some good responses to my ad. Going to write them
back today. Been skiing with my kids most every day. Great snow this
year, and few flatlanders clogging up the lifts. They're back to school
on Monday, so I guess I'll be skiing alone(me and my maker).What a good
dad Tony - cleaning up after Alex's friend. *S*
    I'm afraid those organic regulations will have the same effect here
in Vermont. Folks want to know what's wrong with my honey. Since it
isn't labeled "organic" there must be something wrong with it. I could
never comply with their regs. Most of my 30 yards are on dairy land
also. Only place I can make consistently good crops. I have a real
problem with rules that can't be realized. Yards can't be within 2 miles
of:
            1. Operating farms
            2. Dumps
            3. State highways
            4. Population centers of 3500 or more
            5. Power plant
            6. Others too numerous to mention or ever remember.
I asked for a map with all such locations marked in green. Haven't seen
one yet. Go ahead and keep your bees in the Green Zone. Charge double
for your crop. Go bankrupt in a few years(no honey, no money).
    Let's be real and truthful about this situation. If you want organic
standards, regulate things that are regulatable. Get rid of the milage
rules, and concentrate on things in the beekeepers management methods.
Maybe then I'll support the organic efforts.
    At least he didn't do it on the rug.*grinning ear to ear*