HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Mike Jacobs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 11:23:29 -0700
As a boy growing up in the rural environs of Fort Collins, CO,
I lived in an old farmhouse that had been moved from the site
of its original construction.  During some renovation work on
the house by my parents, they discovered that after the move
the couple who lived in the house divorced and cut the house
in half, with the ex-wife taking her half and moving it about
a quarter mile from her ex-husband's half.  We lived in the
ex-husband's half and could see the ex-wife's half from our
front door.  Both halves are still standing, though remodeled.

Mike Jacobs

Mike Jacobs - Archaeological Collections Curator
Arizona State Museum    Tel:    520.621.6312, 621.4609
University of Arizona   Fax:    520.621.2976
P.O. Box 210026         email:  [log in to unmask]
Tucson, AZ 85721-0026   www:    http://w3.arizona.edu/~asm/