HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Bill Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 14:34:59 +0100
As a graduate student in the early 1970s, I was only able to afford
attending the SHA meetings because I could arrange a "triangle fare" and
combine the SHA meeting with a Christmas visit home. If we change the
meeting dates, we need to be sure we consider the impact on the students,
who are an important part of the meetings. While most EMPLOYED historical
archaeologists are in non-academic positions, the students will always be
subject to the academic calendar. How many other folk attending the SHA
combine it with a mini-vacation to ski, loaf on the beach, do other
research ;) etc? If it is moved to mid semester date, then there will be
less options for piggyback opportunities.

Bill Adams