Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 1998 20:02:27 EST
We use Flagyl for NICU babies full dose for the occasional anaerobic sepsis or
rule-out NEC.  The babies do fine.  No long term problems have been reported.
I tell all my Moms, RNs and MDs there is no problem with it for breastfeeding
Moms.  The last AAP statement (1994) said "use with caution" only, not don't
use.  Someone posted a recent reference from a British journal.  Tom Hale
should have it.
Nancy Wight