Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 1997 09:55:36 EST
This is the email I recieved from Wal-Mart after sending them an email
regarding the mother who was asked not to nurse while standing in a Wal-mart
check-out line:
<<Thank you for taking time to express your interest and concern about
Wal-Mart's
policy on breast feeding in our stores.

Wal-Mart does not have a written policy because this has never been a
particular
issue for our stores or clubs.  There is no doubt that thousands of mothers
nurse their children while shopping in our stores every year without incident.

We are re-emphasizing to our management team that none of our Associates
should offer a woman a private area to nurse and that she is not to be
approached or asked to leave the store if she is nursing in public.

Thank you again for taking time to contact us. >>
Chris Mayou