From:
Johnston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 1997 17:19:52 +1100
Recently there has been discussion about the WHO Hypoglycaemia and the Newborn, which is excellent.

I have just received my copy of *Care in Normal Birth: a practical guide* - which is a 1996 publication of World Health Organisation.  I recommend it for all involved in maternity care.  Of particular interest to Lactnetters are references to the immediate care of the newborn (skin-to-skin, encouragement of early breastfeeding, of course) and the effect on a baby's ability to breastfeed following the inappropriate use of pharmacological agents for relief of pain in uncomplicated birth.

I ordered my copy from WHO in Geneva, and paid by credit card.

Joy Johnston
Melbourne Australia

Ps: I have a brand new website (about midwifery and breastfeeding)
www.webrider.net.au/~aitex/joy.htm