From:
asimmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 1997 19:22:35 -0800
I was thrilled to hear this evening that my sister in law, after a
high-risk pregnancy, gave birth to a healthy 36 week baby girl.  I was
also thrilled to hear what she had to say about the routines in the
hospital (sorry, don't know the name, but it is in Portland, Oregon).
Within an hour of birth by emergency ceserean she was told "It's time to
nurse your baby!"--THEY DIDN"T ASK!! When the baby's glucose levels were
tested, and found low (I don't know how low), she was supplemented AT
THE BREAST! She is being encouraged to room-in and use lots of skin to
skin to stimulate her sleepy little one!  Her husband and mother are
with her as desired.  Her health problems remain, but for now all is
well with both.  Sometimes the news is good.

Good night all,
Andrea Simmons
LLL Leader
St. Louis MO