From:
James Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 1997 14:59:15 -0600
I thank Ms Dettwyler for letting us know about Paul Mitchell #3 shampoo.
Where were you last month when 3 heads in this household were covered with
Vaseline?   I tried Dawn, Tide, baking soda, vinegar (I probably ought to
have applied that at the same time as the soda???), Spray'N'Wash, Cascade,
Goo-Gone (Pee-yew!!), and seven other things.  One daughter had nine
shampoos one day, to no avail.  She figured that the Wet Look she sported
was responsible for her losing the 8th grade student council election that
day.  The National Pediculosis Assoc did come through with a wonderful tool
for solving our infestation:  the LiceMeister comb.  It's on the Web -- but
I really hope you don't need it!

Kathryn

P.S.  Rid and Nix (x 2 each) were a joke, but the sight of a Saran Wrap
sleeping cap littered with asphyxiated louse corpses in the morning was
remarkably satisfying.