From:
Judy Cormier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 1997 18:52:51 AST
     We are currently involved in developing a research proposal around
     cord care.
     One of the outcomes of an infected cord from the literature is
     maternal mastitis.

     We are having difficulty in determining a baseline incidence rate for
     mastitis,that would give us a baseline to monitor from when treatments
     are changed.

     The problem being that most cases are treated by family practioners,
     and the institution does not get access to the number of cases seen,
     in order to develop a data base.

     Is anyone aware of any documented studies that have monitored the rate
     of mastitis or that is currently doing so.

     Help would be greatly appreciated.