From:
Greg Magruder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Oct 1997 11:32:58 UT

>In New England I Give Bees to people all year long for BVT. Don't be afraid
to open your hives all winter long.  By removing so Bees you stimulate the
colony to raise more Bees. Try it you may learn alot.

I have been asked to supply bees to someone undergoing BVT.  They say they
will need them over a period of six weeks for this treatment.  I have some
concern, now that it's getting quite cold here in Kentucky, that I should go
into a hive (got 6) every few days to collect more bees.  Can you give a
little more insight on your experience?  Also how's the best way to keep them
during treatment?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.