From:
Luise Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 1997 16:11:25 -0400
Hello. My name is Luise Wood and I am a lactation consultant/R.N. I
practise independently in private practice and am employed as a
consultant at North Durham Health Services in Uxbridge,which is in
Ontario, Canada.  One of my clients has requested that I attempt to
gather some information on Azathioprine (Imuran) and it's safety during
breastfeeding.  She has been diagnosed and treated for autoimmune
hepatitis for the last 12 years. To date the information she has
gathered indicates that breastfeeding is contraindicated when using this
medication. She is taking 100 mg daily. Is anyone aware of anything to
the contrary?