From:
"Heitsch, Grace" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 1997 15:16:00 -0500
This is a hard one, in my limited experience, it needs to be
individualized... some have quit by day 4 of age.  I TRY to schedule a
f/u (outpatient) on day 3 of life AND eccourage mom to call for any
question, pain, concern.  We end up seeing a lot on d 2, and they call
and cancle their d 3 f/u cause all is well.  When the wk-end intervenes,
we loose a few early to sore nipples and insecurity.  I'll be interested
to hear what the rest of you do.
grace- genl ped