From:
"Liz Cook, IBCLC" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 1997 10:16:26 -0400
We always charge the baby when in NICU.  In newborn nursery, while both mom
and baby are patients, either one may be charged.  We don't seem to have
problems with this EXCEPT when there is poor documentation of rationale and a
question re: justifying additional cost.   What we do have problems with is
extremely poor coverage of breast pump rentals.....Although our medicaid moms
are getting rentals covered, our private insurers are not doing a good job.
 My next project is to get our own hospital's plan to understand this need
and cover it.  Wish me luck and any tips you may have.