Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"DR. ARUN NAIR" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 1997 09:06:43 +0400
It has been a few months since I have become a member of lactnet. I am
sorry to state that I have become disillusioned with the  sort of mails
that is coming through. I am a strong believer of exclusive breast milk
feeding even in the sickest babies. In our enthusiasm to promote a natural
act like BF we should not be offending the sensibilities and ego of people
who matter. In the final analysis the ultimate responsibility  rests with
the physician who is caring. Every effort should be made to include them
(Obstetricians & Paediatricians) in the planning and execution of the
program of promotion of BF in a set up, otherwise it is going to be counter
productive. I am afraid, many people who matter have been offended already
out there. No program can succeed without the whole hearted involvement of
every one concerned. This is a lesson we have learnt from our experience in
Oman, where the whole country is baby friendly as per the guidelines laid
down by the UNICEF. If our genuine interest is to promote universal
breastfeeding then let us be pragmatic and serious. It has to be a mass
movement, there is a need for a political will and the use of managerial
skills at the highest level.

Sincerely

Arun Nair MD
NICU
Royal Hospital
Muscat

----------
> From: Automatic digest processor <[log in to unmask]>
> To: Recipients of LACTNET digests <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: LACTNET Digest - 17 Sep 1997 - Special issue
> Date: Wednesday, September 17, 1997 6:03 PM

> Topics in this special issue:
>
>   1. LLLI and mailing lists
>   2. If you can't say anything nice...(Long)
>   3. triamcinolone
>   4. ulcerative colitis in a 4 month old
>   5. sour milk
>   6. MS
>   7. The Mask of Motherhood
>   8. sarcasm directed to other members of our list
>   9. (1) Gentian Violet (2) Australian Position (3) Cabbage Leaves (4)
video
>      cleft palate (5) bras
>  10. free samples "just in case"
>  11. "ADD TO THE LIST OF DUMB THINGS DOCS SAY"
>
> To post a note  to the 1400+ subscribers of  LACTNET, send your note to
> To change your subscription options as in those listed below, send
computer
> commands listed below, via e-mail to:
>
> Note that LISTSERV is a *computer program,* not a human, so don't add
punctu-
> ation or words like "please."  Here are some commonly-used *commands*:

>      To restart mail after being nomail -------------- SET LACTNET MAIL
>       For Information on other commands------------    HELP
>               For Information on Search Functions-------------     INFO
REFCARD