From:
Keli M Sorrentino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 1997 14:12:33 -0400
This is from Susun Weed's book Wise Woman Herbal for the Childbearing
Year :
Benefits of red raspberry leaves include : " Assisting in production of
plentiful breast milk. The high mineral content of Raspberry leaf assists
in milk production, but it's astringency may counter that for some women.
"

It is not listed as a galactogogue in any of my references. IMHO, the
benefits to the nursing mother are on a nutritive level. Red Raspberry
leaf is high in calcium, iron, vit C and vit E.

As a nutritive herb it has benefits to the lactating woman but if a
galactogogue is what is needed, I would choose a different herb (
fenugreek or blessed thistle ) to combine with the red raspberry leaves.

Keli