From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Dec 1997 01:39:54 -0800
Hi All Beekeepers,

Even in this Holy Season there are some of us that need to do a little
business like there are some who need to express personal negative
opinions, must be the stress of the season.

I am sorry anyone feel's like this beekeeper below does, if she will e-mail
me her mail address I will send her a nice family Christmas gift of one of
my Beekeeping Care Packages to, in a small way make up the losses she feels
she has had because of my posting. I wish I could send you all one, but I
can't at this time.

I do advertise here occasionally, less then once a month in an effort to
recover some of the costs of running the Wild Bee's BBS E-Mail Auto
Responder which has over the last few years has done its share in relieving
this List Mail group and the sci.agriculture.beekeeping news group from
thousands of repeated questions from New Bee's who are more then welcome to
use it. This service is free to all and not supported by any government
agency or any other individual other then myself and the little I make from
what I have offered here to others does not begin to cover its costs. The
cost of this has been ongoing without pause since 1990 and average about
$100 per month not including my own time. UUCP connections have not gone
down in cost and are getting harder to find being replaced by the Window's
POP accounts which here range between $9.00-$19.00 a month unlimited time.
One of the best one's right now is only $89 per year plus $20 to hook up, I
apologize to all that have to pay more then they can afford as I know not
all are as fortunate as we who live in California are.

Maybe if more people like this poster would express to me their negative
opinions on my activities at my e-mail address <[log in to unmask]>
which is well known to anyone who needs help, I could stop this drain on my
capital and need not advertise or even post anything as I do not want to
displease anyone but know that anything I do post will not please all anyway.

The fact is that I have over the years received hundreds of  messages from
posters here that do nothing but encourage me to continue with my personal
efforts even though many don't agree with what I have to say but all seem
to want to read it anyway, as I read all. I appreciate the support and
thank all of you who have spent the time in doing so and appreciate all who
have ordered bee books and bee gifts. I do get some Hate mail but it is
nothing compared to the many Love letters so many of you have sent.

In any case most mail readers have filters and anyone who does want to read
any of my posts should learn how to use the bit bucket or delete key. As
for the costs I am sorry if anyone is having a problem because of my
posting to this list and I believe what information I have shared with all
of you and the products I have are of interest to most beekeepers even if
unsolicited and you might say its a "package deal" ,  no one expect's a
free lunch today anyway or do they?

ttul, Andy Nachbaur
Systems Operator Wild Bee's Information Service