From:
Katharine West <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Sep 1997 06:29:42 -0700
In the ever-present need to *Stay On-Topic*, I can only recommend that
we as Lactation Professionals, of course, ONLY recommend that all babies
be bathed in expressed breastmilk until you can see dirt on their knees.
Many society women pay Big Money for the privilege of taking milk baths
in exclusive spas; how could we not provide less for our babies? Of
course, I'm not sure how much EBM is required for a proper milk bath,
but think of all the extra income it could generate for those of us who
rent pumps, as moms would Have to pump after every feeding in order to
get enough milk for the Daily Bath. Think of the studies that could be
generated as well...the grants to be obtained from NIH and
UNICEF...think of the multinationals who produce soap products and the
soap wars we could get into...my head spins from the thoughts...

Only Respectfully Submitted (of course) ;-)
Katharine West, BSN, MPH
Sherman Oaks, CA