From:
Daniel Ward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 1997 07:22:54 -0400
Hi LactNetters,
    I am going to have to go to one check a day, if that for a while as
personal business must come first. I just wanted to be sure to send this
last post, I agree that the free formula is a very bad message to send
to the public, especially children. I also agree that there is a list of
negative books on breastfeeding & motherhood (Bottlefeeding W/O Guild,
Good Enough Mothers, Self-Calmed Baby etc). And I wholeheartedly agree
that there are HCPs (of all classifications) who are condescending and
make misinformed, inappropriate, wrong comments. But before you hit that
send button, make sure you try to express yourself without a personal
attack and without being offending yourself.  I know that the doctors
who post here and lurk here, are concerned about what they are doing and
want to expand their knowledge and information base.
 To really help, start by keeping our comments (whatever our personal
feelings) positive and educational. Maybe then we will be seen as
educational and supportive, not rigid and devisive.

Leslie Ward
Vine Grove, KY
"See your sons and daughters: they are your future." Oneida proverb