From:
Catherine Tapey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 1997 19:39:19 -0700
I have worked with a mom with MS at the military hospital here. She has
been exclusively breastfeeding for about 9 months with the exception of 2
times when she was on steroid therapy & was pumping and dumping. She is
currently on a new medication, Copaxone. The neurologist wanted her to
wean before going on this med but after researching it and presenting the
information to both the pediatricians and the pharmacist she and her
husband decided to continue breastfeeding. She had experienced a decline
in milk production over the period of time she was on steroid therapy but
after a week or so of double pumping and unrestricted nursing they were
back to exclusive breastfeeding. Last time I saw her she was feeling
better and functioning better than she had in quite awhile. She did say
that using ABM was more difficult for her than nursing and she was
grateful for all the information I was able to help her find. THANK
HEAVEN FOR LACTNET(TERS)

Cathy Tapey, IBCLC
Anchorage, AK