From:
John Iannuzzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 08:53:09 -0500
I enjoyed reading this message. But hey, unless I'm going blind,
I C no indication of where it is coming from. You mentioned "Maryland"
when citing early pollen elsewhere (my--John Iannuzzi's--posting).
You couldn't possibly bee from <Palmer> Alaska (smile). Thanks in advance.

On Fri, 30 Jan 1998, Michael Palmer wrote:

> You lucky folks! Pollen comming in already! Almond buds swelling. Pollen
> in Maryland already! And a week of it at that. I promise not to use the
> H word! *S* Up north here, pollen is at least two months away. If it
> comes at all. Literally! The " ice storm of '98" really wiped my prime
> bee territory. You'ld have to see it to believe it. Just about every
> branch on every tree is gone. For hundreds of square miles! Let' see -
> Speckled Alder and Pussy Willow - our first pollen of the season -
> smashed. Soft Maple - savior of the starving colony - no branches left.
> That fuzzy white pollen from Poplar - won't get much I guess. What else.
> Fruit bloom? Basswood? Brambles? Field crops - covered with three inches
> of ice. What do you think FEMA will think of this claim. Probably
> chuckle like Dick Army did when I called him once. Bees? Ha, ha, ha. I
> promise not to use the "H" word.  Mike

**John Iannuzzi, Ph.D.
**38 years in apiculture
**12 hives of Italian honeybees
**At Historic Ellicott City, Maryland, 21042, U.S.A. (10 miles west of
   Baltimore, Maryland) [9772 Old Annapolis Rd - 410 730 5279]
**"Forsooth there is some good in evil things
   For bees extract sweetness from the weed" -- Bard of Avon
**Website: http://www.xmetric.com/honey
**Email: [log in to unmask] [1jan981031est]