From:
"Sarah S. Crotty" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 1997 11:35:13 -0700
I am a semi-retired RN who has been at home with 2 children for 18
years, focusing my continuing education more and more on breastfeeding.
I am now volunteering with the WIC peer counselor program at a large
hospital. It is a delight to work with the new moms and babies, and the
counselors I work with are wonderful.

My questions for LC's at large hospitals are about staffing.  PLEASE
REPLY PRIVATELY ONLY.  I am seeking this information because I feel that
the facility where I work needs to increase the breastfeeding support
they currently offer.  I would like to have some comparative data to
make a pitch for more breastfeeding support staff.  I would like to know
about your facility:

How many deliveries a year?
How many full or part-time LC's or other lactation support staff are
there?
What are your breastfeeding rates?  Do you have rates for different
years with different numbers of staff?
May I share this information, using your name or your facility's name?

PLEASE, at KGA's request, do not reply on LACTNET; EMAIL ME PRIVATELY.
Thank you so much!  Sarah S. Crotty