From:
Anne Robb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jul 1997 10:18:09 -0700
HI,
        Lawyer types out there, what are the legalities involved in a
hospital giving a bottle of ABM to a baby that is labeled a breastmilk only
baby?
        To my mind this is performing a medical procedure on a minor child
without the consent of the legal custodians. Is there something written into
the papers I hear you have to sign upon entering the maternity floor (had my
kids at home and avoided all these horrors) that says the hospital can do
anything they want to you or your baby without asking? I thought that would
be emergency life and death procedures only... bottles of formula and
glucose are NOT life and death in the immediate, however turn it around and
hold the hospital and the staff liable for the lifetime health detriments to
the child from this bottle...

Feeling fiesty,
Anne E. Robb, MAT, LLLL
Off on a Tangent, Oregon, USA