HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
John Staeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 1997 15:38:10 -0500
I have nothing off the top of my head to offer.  I would ask, though, that
when you've got your database up that, if at all possible, you share it with
us in some form.  Thanks in advance, and good hunting.

john

>>Date:         Wed, 30 Jul 1997 13:50:18 EDT
>>Sender:       Underwater Archaeology Discussion List
>>From:         wayne <[log in to unmask]>
>>Subject:      swords
>>To:           [log in to unmask]
>>
>>Friends and Colleagues:
>>
>>    I am putting together a database on swords, daggers, and other edged
weapon
>>s and body armor recovered from both shipwreck and terrestrial sites
dating fro
>>m the Middle Ages to the present.  I am particularly interested in Spanish New
>>World sites.  If you have any information including site location, date,
refere
>>nces, and final disposition of the artifacts, please let me know.  Thanks
in ad
>>vance.
>>
>>Wayne R. Lusardi
>>East Carolina University
>>Maritime History and Nautical Archaeology
>>(919) 752-2518
>>

>Anita Cohen-Williams
>Listowner of HISTARCH, SUB-ARCH, and SPANBORD
>Contributing Editor, Anthropology, Suite101 <http://www.suite101.com>

John Staeck         Of fate's oft horrendous games
Anthropology            each person is allotted to play
Luther College       his or her fair share...
Decorah, IA 52101       Yet, in loss may be found comfort,
319-387-1284        for the outcome, no matter how brutal,
[log in to unmask]     shall pass, like all things,
                     into the swirling grey mists of time.