Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Alicia Dermer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 1997 00:21:35 -0400
Hi, all:  Got a call from an LC at a local hospital who's looking for
references to back up frequent pumping (at least 8 times in 24 hours) for
moms of premature babies.  The neonatologists have been advising moms not
to pump more often than q4h and not during the night (yes, I told her to
get their references for this).  She's particularly concerned because
they've been telling this to moms with multiples.  I checked the Riordan
and Auerbach "brown bible", but their recommendation is based on normal
term frequency and no studies with premies are mentioned.  I've requested
a recent post about Paula Meier's recommendations from the Archives, but I
was just wondering if any of you have had any experience with
neonatologists giving this type of advice and whether there's been any
recent literature suggesting such an approach.  Please respond to my
private e-mail as well as to the list, as I will be nomail for a few days.
TIA, Alicia.