From:
Patricia Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Sep 1997 07:48:02 -0400
Dear Kathy, I guess all people who teach BF classes should incorporate this
Q into their first BF class! and CB educators too.  Make the parents wonder
why their dr hasn't done it, and then ask their dr to do it. And it doesn't
do any good for a HCP to pronounce breasts fit or not fit for nursing! The
major problem is the HCP probably won't know what he/she is looking for!  I
guess if any of us get a chance to in-service HCPs, the basics of a
BFeeding breast exam needs to be covered.
Oh My ! I can see it now!  I've heard tales from my mom's generation (78
y.o.) Women were actively discouraged before they ever started because of
Breast size, shape, you name it.  And we all know that most breasts work no
matter what they look like!!   Maybe the writers amongst us need to write
up a 1-2 page classic and send it to a reputable journal!  Sincerely, Pat
in SNJ