From:
Lee-Ann Halbert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jul 1997 20:50:48 -0700
I saw an interesting, and very confusing sign today.  At a local water
amusement park, a sign was posted at several of the rides warning people
not to ride if they had certain "conditions," such as heart problems, bad
back, pregnancy, etc.  Included in the list was "nursing mother."  I
can't figure it out.  My husband decided a reasonable interpretation was
that a nursing mother may not go on the ride while nursing her child.
Once I got past the idiocy of the sign, I began to wonder if there is ANY
reason for such a stupid restriction.  Did I miss something all these
years?  (Of course, policing this restriction is another issue...).
Lee-Ann