From:
John M Thorp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Aug 1997 00:12:35 -0400
Here's another one. It was 4;00 A.M. about 12 years ago when I heard
someone's horn blaring away. Trying to be ever ready with a kind word or
two whenever the situation arises (hum) I got out of bed to check it out.
Odd as it was as soon as I opened the front door the horn stopped. After
looking around a bit off to bed again.No more had the door been shut than
it started again. I opened the door and to my dismay saw a small
flickering flame inside my truck. I yelled to my wife and ran to the
truck and made the poor choice of opening the door. Wacko--------,that
oxygen starved fire literally exploded with an unexpected fury throwing
me back about ten feet. It burned my eyebrows and mustache off as well as
a lot of hair off my arms and chest. Thank God I wasn't hurt worse. Talk
about a minus I.Q. situation. All of you can figure out the moral to this
one. The only thing I was able to save was the steel flatbed. Oh well,
happy beekeeping to all of you. I've been away for a month,it's good to
be back.                Concerning that thing I sent out on friends about
six weeks or so ago. I apologize to those of you that didn't receive it
well. I'd like to leave you with one more thing along that line. You may
have heard it before by the late Will Rogers;"A stranger is a friend I
just haven't met yet"..
Take Care and GBY,John in Homestead,also at<[log in to unmask]>