Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 1997 22:57:58 -0700
I am creating a resource for maternal/child health professionals
who are finding an increase in the number of telephone
queries that they must deal with in a professional manner.

I am wondering if any of you would be willing to share
your guidelines, protocols, tools, ideas etc. about supporting BF
and assessing BF concerns via the phone.

Example:
A new mom phones and says her nipple is bleeding.  What do you do?
Give advise on the phone? Go see her immediately? Refer her to someone if you
are not "on duty?" Mail her an info sheet?
Do you keep a record of the calls? Do you follow them up? Is everyone in
your facility giving out the same advice?

Every response is appreciated!!!

Ruth RN
Perinatal Health Consultant