Date:
Sun, 18 May 1997 13:16:07 -0000
 HI Lacnet,
     I am a lone LLL leader in a community of about 50,000. We have one
hospital with about 200 births a month,. One pediatric clinic with seven
doctors. NO LC.  What this town needs is some competition!!!   Yes I am
busy. The hospital staff is reasonably knowledgeable and supportive of
BF. so is the WIC staff. The peds are NOT. There is an LC in a town about
50 miles away. She is very generous with consulting over the phone.and
has helped me alot. It is not easy if she needs to visit a mom here but
she does. I'd love to become an LC . I have experienced just about every
nursing difficulty except twins or adoption myself. I have BS in
microbiology and years of experince as a medical technologist, and years
of experince as  LLL leader. To become properly certified  would involve
quite alot of travel so it isn't practical with the ages of my children
now. What exactly is available to  me at this point?
I welcome private  mail.
     We have a joke that a nursing toddler responds to the ringing phone
like Pavlovs dog.
 I am beginning to think that she reponds the same way when I sit down at
the computer !
It isn't easy typing one handed with a squirming bundle at the breast.
But now the phone is
ringing and my husband is making"boob" signals at me.

Thanks

 Mary Graden LLL leader Idaho