HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
woodsman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 30 Mar 1997 23:03:05 -0600
> National Geographic said that photographic slides were "outdated
> technology"!  While that may be, it is very difficult to visit an
> elementary school in rural Nevada and expect them to have a digital
> image
> projector
     I have been out of school for a long time but all schools used to
have, and I assume still do, an overhead projector.  If you can get
still photographs you can make either slides, with almost any camera, or
transparencies on a copier.  You just use transparencies plastic sheets
instead of paper in many photocopiers.  Many copiers, Mita even has a
special button, have settings especially for photos.
     You can also get a copy of photographer's market from most
bookstores and many libraries and contact the stock photo companies.
Roger