HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
MD Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 1997 09:20:30 -0600
At 10:02 3/26/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Dear Colleagues-
>
>I'm trying to put out my feelers for some information. I'm interested in
>the Manila Galleon trade pre-1769. More particularly, I would like any
>information on voyages which went into the north Pacific. If anyone has
>any information at all about this subject, even in the most general way,
>I would greatly appreciate the input.

Many moons ago, I was subscribed to a "SeaShanty" mailing list that always
had lyrics to old Sea Shanty's (mythology, history of the time).  Many of
the Shanty's were from pre-1800's.  I (of course) don't remember the name of
the list, but it should still be out there if you look for it...  'course
you could just go looking for sea shanty's as well....