From:
"Glen B. Glater" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Glen B. Glater
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 1997 10:44:38 EST
 >Jerry J Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]> said:
 >
 >Some time ago, Matthew Loeser, who works with us, came back from Italy
 >with a really gorgeous little book on bees.  Beautiful illustrations and
 >transparencies (e.g. one side painted to show the bees entering the
 >outside of the hive, the other showing the bees entering into the hive).
 >
 >Matt found that an English Version is available in the states.
 >
 >I think this is one of the prettiest bee books that I have seen.
 >
 >
 >
 >BEES
 >
 >A First Discovery Book
 >
 >Scholastic Inc.
 >
 >New York  Toronto  London  Auckland  Sydney
 >
 >
 >The authors are Gallimard Jeunesse, Ute Fuhr, and Raoul Sautai
 >
 >
 >The original Italian Version is
 >
 >L'ape
 >
 >Edizioni E. Elle/Un Libro Da Scoprire
 >
 >Cheers
 >
 >Jerry

Once again, I'll tell you about how wonderful the Internet is.  If you
go to http://www.amazon.com and do a search on this book, you find:

       Bees (First Discovery Book)

       by Gallimard Jeunesse, Raoul Sautai (Editor), Gallimard Jeunesse

       Spiral Edition
       Hardcover, 30 pages
       List: $11.95 -- Amazon.com Price: $10.75 -- You Save: $1.20(10%)
Published by Scholastic Trade
Publication date: March 1,1997
Dimensions (in inches): 7.21 x 6.29 x .50
ISBN: 0590937804

Availability: This item usually shipped within 2-3 days.

Card catalog description:
Illustrations with transparent overlays and brief text present
information about the physical characteristics and habits of honeybees.

I'm not affiliated with Amazon, but I do love their service and
convenience and am a happy customer of their's.

When you do this lookup, you'll also get links to other books about
bees automatically.  Pretty cool...

Enjoy!

--glen